Description about task and responsibilities
The Assistant Drilling Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that the operations are planned and implemented in accordance with governing documents, goals and strategies, as well as statutory and regulatory requirements. Provides day-to-day on-site supervision of rig-based well activities.
- Manage, plan and co-ordinate the work according to approved program and procedures
- Verify that activities are carried out in such a manner that they safeguard the health, safety and integrity of all personnel
- Ensuring that drilling and completion operations are carried out safely, with good oilfield practice and in accordance with the relevant Company standards and HSEQ procedures
- Initiate process for MOV / Deviation if and when required
- Report all accidents or situations of potential hazard
- Supervise and monitor the work performed by the rig and service personnel during the day and night shifts
- Ensure sufficient supervision during all critical operations
- Chair daily meetings among the rig’s and service company senior personnel
- Prepare and ensure that detailed drilling instructions are developed and issued to senior rig and service company personnel
- Undertake daily morning report calls to DRL Supt
- Reporting to drilling/completion superintendent on regular basis on the progress of operations, and agree on any corrective action if necessary
- Prepare the Daily Drilling Report
- Prepare all reports required for data archive
- Prepare and approve Feed-Back reports
- Update the time planner on a daily basis and prepare a 7 days look ahead
- Issue accident/incident reports
- Report variations and deviations
- Accept/approve contractors’ work documentation on a daily basis
- Request equipment, materials and services to the rig in a timely manner according to the approved contracts, and verified checklists
- Ensuring contractor personnel, services and material, are available at rig site when required so to avoid any delay in operations
- Monitoring the consumptions and stock of materials available at rig site, and request personnel, materials, and services in due time in order to avoid any delay in the operations
- Initiate Lesson Learned process
- Ensure professional use and training of Well Site Drilling Engineers
- Verify and approve Field Ticket Services and Job Report as per competence
- University or higher technical education.
- Relevant experience may compensate for missing education.
- Recent and relevant operational experience in Drilling and Completion operations.
- Experience from offshore operations.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Good English writing and oral skills.
- IWCF level 3/4, well control certified.
For further information or questions, contact Rune Schei by phone +47 404 08 638 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, or Rune Evjen by phone +47 908 22 580 or email email@example.com